Thursday, November 15, 2007

Today was exciting. Kathryn called to deliver the good news. What a relief! I can't wait to start. The funny thing, I got along very well with the partners and other accountants, and I'm looking forward to working with everyone

I'm almost done with the first book of the soft-bound Acts Life-Study. Today on my home from school (bus and walking) I read another message. How splendid that I can find time on the way to and from school to enjoy the Word. As the verse it Psalm chapter 10 starts, “Be still, and know that I am God." This has been my experience lately, and I find the simplicity of relying on that city bus to provide much more value than I had anticipated. I'm not just saving gas money, I'm buying oil (in a spiritual sense; see Matt. 25). You can still pray when you're driving, but your mind wanders and you are easily distracted. Riding that bus allows me to turn to the Lord. How excellent an opportunity!

No comments: