Sunday, May 20, 2007

Things I'd Like to Be

Ingenuous, Candid, Artless, Frank...

I used to think I could make everyone happy. I'm not sure what to think now, perhaps I'm more or less apathetic. Pleasing everyone means being adaptable, and being adaptable means changing, compromising; I used to do a lot of that. Some people just say whats on their mind, others are more methodical, calculated in approach. Though I hate to confess it, I'm probably more the latter. What I say depends on who you are, what you believe, etc. Maybe I should get into politics, or not; John Kerry didn't fair too well. I'd probably share his fate. The people I respect most are those who just say what they think, regardless of their audience. You may not like what they say, hell you may not like that person, period. But at least you don't have to double-analyze everything they say to interpret and cross-interpret the actual meaning. So I'm working on being candid. Sure there are advantages and disadvantages. Being candid can backfire on you, but I'd rather people know what I want.

No comments: