Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe (2)

Today I brewed my newly acquired, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee beans. It's enjoyable; heavy bodied with very complex flavor. "This Ethiopian variety exhibits tones of tea rose and coffee blossom giving it a floral taste." I purchased a pound but only had half of it ground. Saving the beans to be ground later so I can preserve the freshness; I'm also contemplating employing the french press convention, which will require a slightly different grind.

The advice was "try the cheap beans BEFORE the Starbucks this time--appreciation factor will thus be enhanced rather than diminished." This strategy, as opposed to my previous experience - buying Verona Bold grinds and then stooping to Folgers; the cheaper and infinitely inferior alternative. Right, so I'm afraid its far too late for the appreciation factor to kick in now.

And I've had two cups already today :)

No comments: