Friday, May 2, 2008

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe

Not having a car is less miserable than one might imagine. At least in Athens. Today I biked to my favorite coffee shop, Cups Coffee, and studied there a bit before proceeding to my home meeting...ON MY BIKE!!!!

Yes, that was gratifying. Its dangerous, especially riding after sunset. To an alarming extent, I enjoy the thrill of it biking 25mph (a speeding radar sign thing clocked me today), but risks are offset by the fact that I'm being environmentally-conscious; such a deep concern to me.

Today I caved and bought the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, named I believe after the city where it comes from. It was expensive, and chosen at random. Not all coffee tastes the same, but I don't have the experience to differentiate. So its basically pointless to try to evaluate my tastes when my experience in this world of fresh coffee is so limited. Tomorrow at 5:30am though...we'll find out what it means to drink coffee. And it should be good, since the status quo for the last 2 weeks has been Folgers. I'm about ready to dump that crap in the trash - its bland and if there is such a thing as synthetic coffee grinds...they embody it. Well I'm off. Waking up early requires you go to bed before 2am, a plan I'm at risk of compromising. Cheerio!

No comments: