Saturday, May 3, 2008

Where ya Bean?


I've discovered that there are 3 primary metrics for describing coffee: Body, Acidity, and Roast. This is good news, except that I haven't been able to discern variations in these qualities, yet. My taste buds are now on high-alert. My Ethiopian beans are claimed to have high acidity, moderate roast and body. Eh, I'm not much a fan of anything "acidic," so I'm eager to try a Sumatra brew. Sumatra Mandheling features low acidity, medium roast, and a heavier body. That sounds like what I would enjoy. According to RareCoffee.com, its full bodied with strong, earthy tones and a smooth cream finish." Ooh yea!

I've decided that somewhere out there exists the perfect beans! How many drinks will it take for me to find that perfectly compatible coffee blend? Whew. It seems my work here has only begun.

No comments: