Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Bridge & Channel of God

A brother recommended this book to me during my last semester of college; I read it in three days. If any ministry book played had a significant role in my decision to attend the training, it was this one. I've purchased at least five (maybe six) copies and given many away to college students and fellow trainees. The first four chapters are messages given to college students; the sixth chapter is entitled, "Man Being the Bridge and Channel of God." This is an awesome chapter. Chapters 2 - 4 are Q&A sessions. One very helpful question reads, "What should I do if I have the heart to serve but am still in school and feel that my studies are a distraction?" Another student asks, "What is the difference between our thoughts and God's shining?" The final lines of Witness Lee's response reads:

We must emphasize again that the most important thing is our intention. If my intention is to fear the Lord and seek the Lord's way, even if I make a mistake, it will become right because my desire is to take the Lord's way. In terms of reasoning, this may be wrong, but in terms of principle, it is right...To be right in principle means that in our heart we want only God and that we therefore obey any feeling that comes from God. (p.49).
These words are very encouraging and practical. Here's another paragraph I highlighted:
Every one of us should consider what kind of person we want to be. Do we want to be a half-saved person, a "gray" Christian, or a Christian who loves the Lord absolutely?" Everyone in the world knows that the most absolute ones are the most profitable ones...If we desire to be worldly people, we should be worldly people absolutely; if we desire to be Christians, we should be Christians absolutely. Those who are wishy-washy are the least profitable and the lowest. No matter what we do, we must be absolute in doing it. The only requirement for a Christian is absoluteness. We should either not follow the Lord or follow Him absolutely. To be a Christian we must be absolute. (p.41).

Selah...

2 comments:

Spencer Whitney said...

Good post bro! It watered me :) Keep it up!

Robert said...

I was just fellowshipping about this with a brother... About making a mistake in doing our best to follow the Lord. It is so good to be in His hands and that His heart is so good toward us...