Saturday, July 30, 2011

the rumors are true...

North Campus, The University of Georgia (photo credits: me)

Yes, this week I registered for MAcc classes at the University of Georgia. Classes begin on August 15th. Right now the agenda looks something like this: 
  • Tax Policy
  • Estate & Gift/Cross-Jurisdictional Tax 
  • Special Topics-Int’l Fin Report Stndrds
  • Int’l Legal Transactions
  • Corporate Tax
  • Data Management/Adv Business Applications
This was my last full week at Bibles for America, a local non-profit organization that distributes an awesome free study Bible.  I've been working there on a special project, but coming down to the final stretch. Next week I'll go in a couple of days to wrap things up, and then embark on a cross country trek back to the land of peaches and chickens (Georgia). 

I'm stoked  excited about going back to Athens. One thing I really want to do this year is set a daily Bible reading schedule, and have companions to help keep me accountable. What really helped me in undergrad was getting involved with other christian students at UGA. It was like having a huge family, with people always there to encourage me and strengthen me in my faith. 


p.s. In honor of this momentous step I'm using the "Georgia" font; I'm also scheduled to listen to Georgia music soon, courtesy of Gladys Knight and the Pips, and maybe that classic from Louis Armstrong. 


All for now...

3 comments:

Daniel Jackson said...

Thanks for crossing out "stoked."

Ellen said...

YAY YAY YAY I'm so excited! Can't wait to see you and be real friends again!

Kyle Barton said...

I'm jealous that I don't have an Austin font to celebrate my return home. My words look so... anywhere.