Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Queen's Pawn Game

So here I am again. It's a little past 1am, and I'm torn between an array of potential activities. My bed should not be vacant right now - I should be curled up there snoring away. But no, I poured a cup of caffeine around 11:30 tonight, hoping to finish my evening's adventures in cost accounting. The email to cancel class arrived just about an hour into my studies. I've been reviewing a few chess openings, as if this could help. My favorite so far is the Colle System, seems like a variation of the queen's pawn game. Also interesting is the king's gambit, but I think it opens the board too much for my likings. It's too abrupt and forced, rather than a more calculated opening. Now I just sit here despairing over an old Journey song, thinking about how painful waking up tomorrow will be.

No comments: