Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dinner with the Dean

I really, really, really want to see Henry Kissinger. The Secretaries of State; Henry Kissenger, James Baker, Warren Christopher, and Madeline Albright are coming at the end of this month. I enjoy famous people.

Cynthia Cooper was in town this week. Got to have dinner with her after the presentation and the North Tower reception. The East-West Bistro was quite an experience. Dean Sumichrast attended; He and Dennis Beresford were at my table, along with Dr. Gauthreaux from ILA. Very classy gentlemen. I was honored and very much impressed.

I haven't met many famous people in my short career. Peter Singer from Yale signed my copy of One World, his liberal globalization-ethics-issues book. Malcolm Gladwell signed my copy of The Tipping Point, another classic and New York Times Bestseller. Terry Bradshaw came to Atlanta to speak for Maximum Impact; some of us ILA students took pictures with him.

It's a barrage of B-list celebrities, but meaningful none the less. These are interesting people to engage, and I'm fascinated by how much we can learn from those who have traveled those roads that lie before us.

No comments: